Jan 27, 2011

Sewing for my nephew - the tryouts

I'm so excited for the arrival of my new nephew in April. The baby shower is in February and I've finally gotten started on some sewing. I got 3 different flannel prints and 3 minky soft fabric in brown dot, red dot and white stripes.

I wanted to sew a few practice items before I started on the stuff for my nephew. I'm so giddy happy at how they turned out. Here's my inspiration:

  • Soft Minky Baby Blanket at Everything Your Mama Made & More
  • Monogram taggie blankets at Blue Cricket Designs
  • Small monogram bib inspired by a ton of different blogs, but did it all by myself. Oh, and I also used some ribbed knit for the back side & initial

Lukas' gifts
Gifts for my friend's newborn baby Lukas

IMG_4448
Car seat straps for my daughter (the fleece) and my nephew (the minky dots)

IMG_4449IMG_4450 Self binding blanket for my nephew - not perfect but I still love it!!

Thank you so much fellow bloggers!!!! I will be sure to post more as I finish them!

3 comments:

  1. Those turned out fantastically! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I've got a baby shower in March and I've been on the look out for some cute baby stuff to make so it was really nice to see what you've done and the links that helped you! Thanks for joining us at A Crafty Soiree!

    ReplyDelete