Feb 11, 2011

Valentine's Day Candy Tree

A good friend of mine made these adorable candy trees as Christmas gifts for her sons' teachers. Hers came out so adorable, I thought I'd make some for Valentine's Day. I found instructions for a Candy Christmas Tree, gathered my materials and purchased some candy and got started.

materials

When you look at it, it's not my finest work...

candy trees

BUT, you really can't go wrong with a candy tree - it is quick, easy and edible. (The next best thing would probably be a money tree.) HOWEVER, I think I would make some changes for the next ones, like using all the same candy or same sized candy for each tree. It would look neater and you could probably fit more candy on that way.

candy tree

I already dropped one off at my parents' house. They loved it and thought it was adorable! I'm betting the candy will be gone by Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! And who wouldn't love one of those?! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. delish valentines tree! thanks a lot for linking up your fab tutorial! can't wait to see what you have for next week!

    ReplyDelete