Mar 28, 2011

Hey Jess – Whatcha doing?

(Yes, that is a deliberate Phineas and Ferb reference. We watch a lot of Disney around here.)


I’ve been busy busy busy as a bee preparing for my first craft show!! Well, it is more of a Girls Night Out and a vendor show. It is an event sponsored by my high school that I was planning to attend and help out with anyways. And since the price of the vendor table was the same as the admission price, I decided to go for it.


I will be concentrating on hair accessories – ribbon lined clips and headbands, bows, fabric flowers and rosettes, and ribbon ponytail holders. I am paranoid that I won’t have enough, but have reached well over 300 items (my husband thinks I have plenty). I think my concern is more with not having enough variety (color selection). Below are a few excellent <*sarcasm added*> camera phone photos of one item with my cooperative <*even more sarcasm added*> helper and model.


I have been scouring blogland to find some information on craft fair tips and tricks as well as ideas on how to display the products on the table. Handmade Jane has this awesome post with some great photos. And I also checked out her friend Louise’s post too. Although they have different products, their tables are beautiful!

I have started to collect items to use on my table including baskets and boxes as well as hair clip holders/displays (I have 3 and am working on a 4th). But I am still struggling with how to display the headbands (both the plastic and elastic types). I have a wire grid shelf that might work. I have also covered a couple of cylinder containers (recycle oatmeal and Clorox wipes containers). So we’ll see. I know some will end up on the table as well. I’m hoping to do a test run of the table display tomorrow so set up on Friday will be a breeze.


Oh and I have a super long list of items to bring including the biggies like – a bottle of water, cash (lots of singles to make change), packing tape, safety pins, business cards, etc.


If you have any ideas on how to display headbands or any other craft fair tips and tricks, please send them along!

5 comments:

  1. Love the new flower bows and the dragon flies ( still trying to figure it out). . . I was thinking for the headbands, you can do a board like the one for your bows but do loops instead of a straight line. . . Let me me if you get it, if not I make a tutorial for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soo adorable! Good luck with the craft show I am sure that you will do amazing! And we love Phineas and Ferb around here too! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! Hope the show goes well. :) Happy to see your creative idea linked up last week at my K.I.S.S. blog bash. Looking forward to seeing what great project you share this week, remember the link is open until tonight @ midnight {CST}.

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are REALLY simple, and get lots of compliments! I'm going to make a Turquoise Miss Minnie Barrette this summer! Thanks for stopping by Mommy Does... and I hope you'll visit again!
    PS I like those Butterfly clips!

    ReplyDelete