Mar 9, 2011

Some Assembly Required

Here are some of the things I've been working on this week:

Two new hair clip holders, one is pictured below. (See this post on how to make these displays.) I'm doing a craft show on April 1, so I need to stock up on hair clippies and displays. These displays cost about a $1 each and I made this one to match my daughter's room so I can use it there after the craft show. Note to self: pay attention to the direction of the print next time!

I've had lots of fun making the singed flowers and tend to do all the cutting and singing in one sitting. Then assemble (by sewing and/or hot gluing) all at once. And if time permits, I will then create the headbands or hair clips. That seems to work best for me. A few of the clips are in the photo above. Here are some headbands:

(I've realized that my bathroom has the best lighting late at night and the towel rack on the back of the door works well as a holder!)

I'd love to hear how your headbands, clippies, rosettes and singed flowers come together. I think I'm taking too much time trying to decide which flowers go nicely together and overall arrangement. I really need to start cranking these out. I'd like to have at least 50 headbands and 300 hair clips ready by the end of the month. Any ideas?

2 comments: