Apr 22, 2011
a quickie project from an ugly turtleneck
My new (used) sewing machine needed a new cover. And last night none of my other projects (or blogging) was appealing to me. So I looked through my Sally (Salvation Army) stash of t-shirts and turtlenecks and came across this xl green with leaves turtleneck. I held it up against the machine and thought that width would work as is.
So I cut straight across just below the arms. Took the chest part of the shirt to form a rectangle for the top (very little measuring involved) - it did require sewing two pieces together to get the length I needed. Pinned & sewed the short sides first. Sewed up one of the long sides. Ruffled up some navy blue lace I had hanging around and sandwiched it between the the last long side and sewed it up. The reason why I only ruffled one side is that I wanted a "front" side of the cover...and I didn't think I'd have enough lace to go around the whole thing ;-)
So there's my quick and easy and green, recycled sewing machine cover. Happy Earth Day!