May 11, 2011

CA Ruffled Skirt - 1st attempt

Linda over at Craftaholics Anonymous put together this great tutorial on how to make an easy ruffled skirt. I was so excited to try it and to finally sew something for myself!!

I was all ready to get started when I realized that my fabric needed to be washed. So the next night as I was cutting my washed and pressed fabric, I realized that I didn't have enough fabric according to the directions. UGH!!!!

I didn't let that stop me - I made the main skirt part a little longer than suggested and the ruffle is about half the height it should be. The skirt is just a touch too short for work but will be perfect to wear this summer when I'm out and about!!

I can not wait to make about a dozen more of these!!! Thanks Linda!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Jessica! Such a pretty blue!
    happy crafting!
    Linda
    PS posted a link on my FB page :)

    ReplyDelete