I have made several diaper cakes in the last couple of years. I actually made the one below as a donation to my high school for an auction they were having. I was starting to get low on size 1 diapers so I thought I'd give a diaper wreath a try.
This diaper wreath is for a co-worker who is expecting his first child. They are having a baby girl. I don't really know him too well so I wanted to keep the wreath nice and simple. I followed the two tutorials listed below, except I used a foam wreath base, since that's what I had on hand.
Constructing the diaper wreath was a lot faster than a diaper cake. Here's how it looked once all of the diapers were secured to the wreath with little elastics. (I used my daughter's tiny hair elastics.) Until it came time for adding the curling ribbon... I cut 4 pieces of ribbon for every diaper, tied them on, then curled each piece of ribbon. VERY time consuming. Next time I'll just use regular 1/8 or 1/4 inch ribbon (that doesn't require curling), one per diaper.
Here is how it looked with all the curling ribbon, a jingle toy in the middle, 6 baby sock rosette flowers, a flower at the bottom made from a sun hat and a bow at the top. I also attached 6 hair clippies (which are off to the side for the photo).
Here it is hanging from the cabinet in my kitchen. I'm very happy with how it came out and would definitely give it another try.