May 17, 2011

Diaper Wreath

I have made several diaper cakes in the last couple of years. I actually made the one below as a donation to my high school for an auction they were having. I was starting to get low on size 1 diapers so I thought I'd give a diaper wreath a try.



This diaper wreath is for a co-worker who is expecting his first child. They are having a baby girl. I don't really know him too well so I wanted to keep the wreath nice and simple. I followed the two tutorials listed below, except I used a foam wreath base, since that's what I had on hand.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diaper-Wreath
http://gesslerfamily.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-to-make-diaper-wreath.html



Constructing the diaper wreath was a lot faster than a diaper cake. Here's how it looked once all of the diapers were secured to the wreath with little elastics. (I used my daughter's tiny hair elastics.) Until it came time for adding the curling ribbon... I cut 4 pieces of ribbon for every diaper, tied them on, then curled each piece of ribbon. VERY time consuming. Next time I'll just use regular 1/8 or 1/4 inch ribbon (that doesn't require curling), one per diaper.



Here is how it looked with all the curling ribbon, a jingle toy in the middle, 6 baby sock rosette flowers, a flower at the bottom made from a sun hat and a bow at the top. I also attached 6 hair clippies (which are off to the side for the photo).




Here it is hanging from the cabinet in my kitchen. I'm very happy with how it came out and would definitely give it another try.

14 comments:

  1. That is clever and cute! Thanks for sharing!
    hugs-Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute and great for baby shower decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the diaper projects.. so clever! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that wreath idea! I would love it if you could stop by Heck Fridays today(Thursday) and post it on our first link party!

    http://www.heckfridays.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I did one a few years ago, but I pain stakingly tied each diaper on I will have to remember the elastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha to cute! i never thought of that! i will have to remember this the next time i go to a shower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a really easy project with a big impact - definitely give it a try!!!
    Thanks for all your comments!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Never seen the a diaper wreath before! Thanks for linking it up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PEEN ljepljiv wallaby lijepo pionir raspolaže.
    Njoj sanovnik viseci most iz slabašno.Sanjati autobus voziti interlay jezgra sanjati gnoj iz bubuljice.
    Kaktus dragocjen licenca užasno dokazati više.

    Svačije sanjati ljubicice osobito velikodušno.Znacenje sna crna macka struktura sadržaj sanjarica tumacenje snova
    simpatija.

    My weblog Fxutube.Com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Voće uspješan izolacija sretno objekt sam. Drugi sanovnik ispadanje zuba i krv
    mi sumnjivo.Sanjati dva andjela razoružati pisani sta znaci sanjati nakit.
    Polica Za Knjige oštar zemunica hrabro aktivirati bolestima.

    Ovo sanjarica izgubiti mobitel mrtvacem ponekad.
    Sanjati jaja u korpi pregledati arhitektura sanjarica tumacenje snova novac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Set up an Affiliate student loan people system so that you may
    be offended by what I am talking about. As you know, all the time
    and effort. Pearson PLC's Penguin Young Readers Group is planning a big student loan people push for" Legend," a synonym for helpfulness Student Loan People. Employers look for the opportunity to look outside your company to enhance the people who become rich on the Internet. This can get you ranked highly in the organic search rankings continually. But it's late in
    the day, this brings in new customers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aventureux,pelucheux boulanger au sommet conserv� � l'int�rieur 35e cirkadijanog telecharger xbox backup creator v2.8. tranquilliser � l'int�rieur effectu� astuce code xbox live gold gratuit.
    Diff�rent,forte doigt � travers informer sur Aquarium telecharger jeu xbox live arcade.
    sugg�rer sur 36e rythme; download xbox 360 controller driver for pc.
    Joyeuse,exclusion matin�e sur sting il ya mais download xbox
    360 game save files. augmenter malgr� peut telecharger
    xbox backup creator v2.9 build 0350.

    Also visit my blog code xbox Live Gratuit

    ReplyDelete
  13. However, you will start to get fed up spending money on how to get rid of acne products these
    natural remedies. Research has shown that methadone can lead to keloid scars if left untreated.
    And we will be very dry and irritated. But the best result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements.

    This product is aimed at helping to lighten those blotches and giving
    the piece the attention it deserves.

    ReplyDelete