May 22, 2011

I hit the fabric jackpot!

I'm always on the hunt for a good fabric deal. Whenever I visit the Thrift Stores or Salvation Army, I never see any fabric or good sheets or curtains. I do check Craig's List every now and then. A few weeks ago, I finally hit the jackpot. There was a Craig's List posting for cotton fabric $1 per yard. A woman in my town, who used to make quilts was getting rid of her stash. She has over 500 yards of fabric in about 100 different prints. JACKPOT!!!

I was like a kid in a candy store. For my first visit, I got 30 yards of fabric (see below):



I got quite a bit of the flowery prints to try to make skirts and dresses for my daughter and I.



I also got some brown plaid flannel for some baby projects. The other 2 plaid prints are seesucker-type material that I hope to use to make some shorts for my son (as well as stuff for me and my daughter).



According to my son, I need to get more boy prints. So I'm going to head over to see my new fabric friend next week. If she had minky and fleece stuff too, I'd never need to go back to JoAnn's!

0 comments:

Post a Comment