May 22, 2011

a summery top for me!

I found an adorable shirt tutorial over at Sew Mama Sew called a Spring Ruffle Top. It was created by Rae of Made by Rae. I highly recommend both sites - tons of awesome tips, patterns, tutorials and overall great ideas!!!

I really want to start making more clothes for myself. I can never find exactly what I'm looking for in the store. I have not made any tops for myself, mostly skirts. I saw this shirt and loved it!! So I just went for it!

I decided to do it all in one fabric and omit the pockets. The directions were perfect down to the detail. I am a new sewer and followed each step with no problems. I also did NOT rush and try to finish this in one night. It took two nights and I love the results.



I will definitely try this tutorial again!! The next time, I think I will try two different fabrics and maybe omit the ruffle sleeves. Also, I would make the width (especially) towards the bottom a little more narrow (less maternity-like).

4 comments:

  1. Your top came out great! I've seen the same tutorial and saved it but haven't yet taken the time to make this. Its so nice to see how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to Made With Love! Featuring this on the Facebook page today! http://www.facebook.com/SewChatty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I love to sew! I am your newest follower. I would love it if you came over to Greetings From the Asylum and followed me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it came out and the fabric is super cute.

    Stopping by from A Glimpse Inside and your newest follower. I am going to try out this pattern too. Come on by my blog and see what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/05/red-simplicity-cynthia-rowley-dress.html

    ReplyDelete