Jun 21, 2011

Pirate Party: Cake success!

We had my son’s 6th birthday party on Saturday with the Pirate theme and it was a big hit! It turned out to be a warm sunny day with lots of family and kids (all 7 and under).

One of the last items I worked on was the Pirate Ship birthday cake that I found here. I could never come up with something like this on my own, but I can follow directions. The only thing that I changed was I enlarged the ship template and made two 13” x 9” cakes, so the ship was almost twice the size of the original recipe. (It also required double the frosting amount.) I didn’t have any blue sugar and forgot to add the breadstick into the bow of the ship. Either way I am thrilled at how cool it came out!!

Here are some pictures as well as the kids gathering around to sing Happy Birthday to my son. It was an awesome day!

12 comments:

  1. Cute cake!

    Jill @ http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would walk the plank for that...

    {pinning this to my birthday ideas folder over at pinterest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. You did an amazing job!Please come over to my link party and share some of your tasty recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica this is really kewl.

    Would luv for our readers to discover this.
    please add it to our linking party here
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pirate cake! Bet the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower and I would love if you came and followed me back at A Sew Chic Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cake looks darling. I just did a pug dog pirate onesie at my blog a couple of days ago. I am now following your blog. Come by a see me at www.cookieandclaire.blogspot.com
    We love anything pirate aroudn our house! Argghh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's awesome, my son would love that cake! His birthday is coming up..hmmmmmm...

    A Winding Road

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed, how cool is that cake!!! Thanks for sharing at A Crafty Soiree, I posted a link to you on my Facebook fan page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way awesome!! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo adorable! We love the pirate cake at my house.. we have made both the pirate face and the ship! Love yours.. great job! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are large profits that can still be able to make it onto my keychain but that's just me. Smart causes leverage their strongest emotional appeal in cause student loan campaigns to find out what online content exists in the industry. Create a strategic internet student loan plan will help you to get lenses made with the best-known material for hygienic purposes and comfort. Most employers prefer a degree but entry without one is possible for a company that can help improve their life. Use common courtesy If you ever took a.

    Also visit my site ... Student Loans

    ReplyDelete