Jun 16, 2011

A Week of Celebrations

This week has been a busy one and it is only Thursday! Here’s what’s been going on (in no particular order):


  • As mentioned my son turned 6 yesterday. My daughter and I brought treats in to his class. I dressed like a pirate since that’s the theme of his party on Saturday. His class got a kick out of that! Still preparing for his party – lots to do, but the biggies are create a treasure map of the yard and create his pirate ship cake.

  • Normally I’m not a huge hockey fan, but I love Boston sports and the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup for the 1st time in 39 years. I watched Game 7 last night, by myself (my husband went over to a friend’s house to watch), while crafting!

  • Today is my son’s last day of kindergarten. I made his teacher a Patriotic ribbon and pearl necklace and bracelet – while watching the Bruins game. (Instructions from Moore Babies)



  • Finished up a few (4) drawstring backpacks for my WhoopDWhoop swaps. If you haven’t checked out WhoopDWhoop , I highly recommend it!!! Below is 1 of the 3 tie-dyed peace sign bags I made, just missing the grommets at the bottom.


  • Today is my 11 year wedding anniversary. Our celebration will consist of going to my son’s last tball game and cookout tonight! But really, we’ve decided to celebrate with a night out next weekend.


  • Oh yeah and there’s Father’s Day on Sunday. Haven’t even thought about what to get my husband, or my dad, or my father-in-law. Any suggestions?
  • 2 comments:

    1. I have been wanting to try this for a while now! I love how you did yours! VERY festive!
      Jenni
      kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete