Aug 2, 2011

Hoo Are You? #49 (8/2/11)


1. What is your favorite craft or type of craft and if you are a crafter how did you get into it?


My favorite craft is sewing. I started sewing about 1 ½ ago, really on a whim. My mom had always sewn (as well as my grandmother) and she showed me the basics. I was amazed to see how many projects were out there in blogland. I tried to pick some easy beginner tutorials and when I had questions, my mom helped me out. I also took out a lot of books from the library about sewing.


2. What shows have you been watching this summer?


I wouldn't say I've been watching it, since I have 3 episodes DVR'd – Royal Pains. It is one of shows that run in the summer on USA. Usually I'm sewing and listening to my husband watch the Red Sox.


3. Who does the yard work at your house?


My husband – definitely.


4. Are you working on any projects inside the home or outside this week?


Inside – too hot for outside projects. I've been participating in some swaps (Swap-Bot and Whoopdwhoop) and recently finished some fabric flower headbands and totes. I'm moving on to zippered coin purse. My first attempt at zippers – wish me luck.


5. Do you have to worry about getting ready for back to school?


Yes, my son will be in kindergarten. But we will be ready; I've started picking up some items here and there so he'll be ready in September.


NightOwlCrafting



1 comment:

  1. Kindergarten! My daughter started last year and I cryed the entire first day she was gone. But a few days later, I was happy for her. She was learning, making friends and it gave us a little break. Good luck with his first day!

    Crystal
    thebeautifulhorizon.blogspot.com (from hoo are you?)

    ReplyDelete