Oct 13, 2011

I'm still sewing and crafting - Candy Corn Dress

Well - life has taken over and my poor blog has suffered. But I am happy to say that the sewing and crafting continues - it just hasn't made its way to my blog. (I wish I had a personal assistant!)

Here's one thing that I knew I wanted to make for my daughter after seeing it last Halloween - an easy, comfy Candy Corn dress. Something she could wear to school in October. It was made from 3 t-shirts and came together pretty quickly last night. The white t-shirt was a bit plain and boxy, so I added some ribbon to fancy it up.



Had to make some legwarmers from women's knee high socks!! (Even though it is getting pretty cold in New England, so she may end up wearing leggins underneath.) I need to put together some hair pretties to complete the look.


Next up - our actual Halloween costumes. Materials have been purchased, need to pull it all together now!

Linking up to: Fa-boo-lous Friday at Ginger Snaps; Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do

3 comments:

  1. I love candy corn! I blogged about that :) This is adorable. I so wish I'd learned to sew when my daughter was little. She's six now, and I am just learning. Great little dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute ... I saw your comment and link on another blog and had to pop over to see. I made a very similar tunic for my little one: http://6dukes.blogspot.com/2011/10/candy-corn-tunic.html. I love the legwarmers you paired with yours ... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to say thank you for entering the giveaway on my blog! And what a cute candy corn dress! My littlest one *needs* something like this next year! :) Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete